Friday, September 1, 2017

Back in business, again!

I'm working on getting ahead in inventory now. Ready to take orders anytime!

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Taking another break

I'll be away from the office again for about a week and will be unable to fulfill orders during that time. I think I'll have email the whole time, so I'll be happy to talk to you about stenomods, I just won't be able to sell you one until after September 1, 2017. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience. I'm hoping to be able to run without any significant gaps in service for a long time after that.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Back in business

I'm back from vacation and slowly getting caught up with assembling stenomods. If you're ready to buy one, I'm ready to sell you one now, so let me know.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Out of Stenomods for the next week or so

I've run out of finished stenomods just as I'm about to take a week off for a family vacation. I'm happy to get your emails and answer questions, but I won't be able to take your money and ship you a stenomod until sometime after August 7th. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

A New Option

I'm calling it "the Hinge".

I discovered that a standard 3 1/2 inch door hinge fits almost exactly to join the two halves of a Stenomod. It makes a solid unit and allows tenting if you use something to support the middle, as I have in the picture above.

You can fold it up, as in this picture. You can also lay it flat pretty much just like the older version, and the distance apart is the same.

What's the disadvantage? Well, it's a little heavier, if that matters. You probably won't want to put it directly in your lap, because the middle falls down into a sort of negative tenting situation. But of course you can support it with something, a book for example.

I'm still going to offer the original version with the wood deck. They will both be the same price. So it's up to you to is decide which way you want it.

Like this?

Or like this?

Let me know your choice when you order.

$200 plus shipping, same as before.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Out of Stock until May 17th

I won't be able to take and fill any more orders until about Wednesday, May 17th. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too badly! Please feel free to ask questions but I won't take your money until I have something to send you!

Friday, May 5, 2017

A History of Stenomod

I recently shared a link on Discord to a talk I did about two years ago to the Silicon Valley Forth Interest Group about steno, Arduino, and Forth. This was before I'd made the first stenomod, but shows me working my way up to it. I'm posting it here too, for people who aren't on Discord but might have some interest.

My part is about an hour in the middle of three, but that link should start at the beginning of my talk. It's roughly in three sections. 1. Stenography 2. Making a keyboard by hand using an Arduino 3. Programming the firmware in Forth. So pick and choose based on what your interests are.